Monday, May 30, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

So www.bpbweekend.com decided to have a contest called Fire Escape. What would you grab with you if your house was on fire? To vote for my entry and to view more lists go to http://www.bpbweekend.com/fire-escape/shweta-kaushik-interior-a-product-designer


Here is what I would escape with:




1. My hard drive: It contains all the work I have done since Design College 10 years ago. It also has all my favorite movies and my entire music collection.  It is pretty much my life. 
2. My first generation white Ipod Nano I had ordered from the US when it had just launched. It has many nostalgic playlists. 
3. My Mr. Lazy Snuff Box. Do I need to say more?
4. My compass. I don't just use to check vastu directions. I also have used it while I was lost driving through an area I had no clue of. I just knew I had to drive towards north. Very very helpful :)
5. A laminated copy of the first cheque I had ever recieved!!! For my  first paid internship with an architect :)
6. A framed happy memory of my darling sister and me when we were kids living in the UK. 
7. An old tattered translated unabridged paperback version of Les Liaisons Dangereuses I found while I was walking through a flea market quite randomly. Its my favorite book of all time. 
8. A crumpled copy of my French friend's Tiramisu secret recipe that almost got thrown away. Its delicious :)
9. My sunglasses :)
10. The first watch I ever owned. My mom bought it for me from Belgium when she went backpacking through Europe with her best friend. She was 42 years old. This is a reminder that no matter how old you are, the world is still your oyster. 
11. My silver bell keychain. 
12. A Schaeffer  pen I was gifted when I going to go to Milan for my masters. 
13. My little box of colour pencils from Muji I bought in Milan and my happy orange sketchbook.  
14. The essentials: Passport/drivers licence/ATM card
15. My Italian permit of stay. Proof that I did indeed live in Italy for a year :D Probably the best and worst year of my life. 
16. A pair of my favorite heels that go with almost everything and my Coccinelle purse. 

No comments: